Five warning signs of stroke to watch out for:
- Weakness: Sudden loss of strength, numbness or tingling in the face, arm or leg
- Trouble speaking: Sudden difficulty in speaking (i.e. word finding difficulty, pronunciation, etc.), understanding of speech or confusion
- Vision problems: Sudden loss of vision, particularly in one eye, or double vision
- Headache: Sudden severe and unusual headache
- Dizziness: Sudden loss of balance, especially with any of the above signs
If you experience any of the above symptoms, please seek medical help by calling 911 or your medical emergency number immediately. Do not wait. The quicker the stroke is treated, the higher the survival and the better the recovery.